News Column

IDC Publishes Public Cloud Services Tracking

July 13, 2014

International Data Corp. (IDC) has released the latest results from the Worldwide Semiannual Public Cloud Services Tracker.

According to the company, for 2013, worldwide public cloud services revenue reached a total of $45.7 billion and IDC expects this market to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 23 percent through 2018.

"Data provides the edge to companies that can leverage their information for competitive advantage, through new products and services or an enriched customer experience. Software for data management, data access, and collaborative information sharing continues to lead the growth in the overall software industry," said Frank Gens, SVP and Chief Analyst at IDC.

Two product groups comprise the total public cloud services market in IDC's software taxonomy: Cloud Software and Cloud Infrastructure. Cloud Software spending represented almost 86 percent of the total public cloud services market in 2013 while Cloud Infrastructure held the remaining 14 percent. The Cloud Software market includes two product categories: Software-as-a- Service (SaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).

-The SaaS category has been mainly driven by enterprise applications solutions, such as enterprise resource management (ERM) and customer relationship management (CRM), followed by collaborative applications.

-The PaaS market has been largely driven by Integration and Process Automation solutions, Structured Data Management solutions, and Application Server Middleware.

IDC said that the Cloud Infrastructure product group is comprised by only one product category: Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), which at the same time is comprised by two markets, Server and Basic Storage.

IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Public Cloud Services Tracker provides total market size and service provider share for the 19 segments of the global public cloud market. The Tracker covers the top 80 public cloud services providers across a total of eight regional markets. Historical market size, service provider share, and forecasts are updated on a semiannual basis.

International Data Corp. (IDC) is a global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets.

More Information and complete details:

idc.com

((Comments on this story may be sent to newsdesk@closeupmedia.com))


For more stories covering the world of technology, please see HispanicBusiness' Tech Channel



Source: Professional Services Close - Up


Story Tools






HispanicBusiness.com Facebook Linkedin Twitter RSS Feed Email Alerts & Newsletters