Technical hitches over the use of popular Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) services such as
"Subscribers were buying bytes to use these services but that has stopped. Obviously it will have an effect on the revenue we are supposed to make", an anonymous source told the
The source said that it actually does not make any difference to GSM operators, whether subscribers use their phones to
He said all that mattered to GSM companies was that subscribers buy the bytes they use to access those services.
Meanwhile, there have been negative acknowledgements as to why there are difficulties in the use of these services in the country.
The ministry of Communication reacted to speculations in April this year of being behind the blockade, saying the government had no plan to impede such services.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?