Fitch Ratings upgraded the City's outstanding water and sewer bonds from 'AA+' to 'AAA' today, marking the second rating boost received by the systems since spring 2011.
"Year after year, together, we have worked hard to continue making strategic investments while balancing the budget. A ratings increase is a big deal and affirms the choices we've made," said Mayor
Fitch credits the City's fiscal stewardship, highlighting
Importantly, Fitch points out, '
To view the upgrade, please visit fitchratings.com.
In 2011, S&P also upgraded the rating of the water and wastewater system revenue bonds from 'AA' to an 'AA+'.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare