Fitch Ratings upgraded the City's outstanding water and sewer bonds from 'AA+' to 'AAA' today, marking the second rating boost received by the systems since spring 2011.
"Year after year, together, we have worked hard to continue making strategic investments while balancing the budget. A ratings increase is a big deal and affirms the choices we've made," said Mayor
Fitch credits the City's fiscal stewardship, highlighting
Importantly, Fitch points out, '
To view the upgrade, please visit fitchratings.com.
In 2011, S&P also upgraded the rating of the water and wastewater system revenue bonds from 'AA' to an 'AA+'.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana