The Dow Jones industrial average rose 28 points, or 0.2 per cent, to finish at 16,943 Friday.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose two points, or 0.2 per cent, to 1,967. The Nasdaq composite rose 19 points, or 0.4 per cent, to 4,415.
The S&P 500 index had its biggest weekly loss since April after closing out the previous week at a record high. It ended down 0.9 per cent.
Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.52 per cent.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film