"Updating eligibility requirements for mortgage insurers is an important part of reducing risk to taxpayers and building a safer, stronger housing finance system for the future. The draft requirements seek to ensure that mortgage insurance companies have sufficient liquidity to pay all claims under a potential future stress scenario, are appropriately capitalized, have strong risk management functions, and can meet new business standards. The draft requirements, along with an overview document prepared by FHFA, lay out a framework and timeline for the existing approved mortgage insurers to come into compliance with the new standards while they continue to insure new business eligible for delivery to
TNS 30TagarumaMar-140711-4794627 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia