Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Office Address: Strategic Acquisition Center - Frederick;
Subject: R-- Request for Information (RFI)-
Classification Code: R - Professional, administrative, and management support services
Solicitation Number: VA119A14I0398
Place of Performance (address):
Place of Performance (zipcode): 60141
Place of Performance Country:
VA CAI Frederick
Request for Information (RFI)
THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) ONLY (as defined in FAR 15.201(e)), this is not a solicitation. Solicitations are not available at this time. Requests for a solicitation will not receive a response. This notice does not constitute a commitment by the
The Hines ITC PEO prints a wide variety of letters, VA forms, and reports that are distributed to 58 Regional Offices nationwide, the VA Central Office in
Contractor Services are needed to provide support services inclusive of the following:
" Operation and maintenance of two (2) each Xerox High Speed Laser/Network print systems and
" Printing, inserting and folding correspondence, separating reports, and distribution of over 10 million pieces of correspondence in accordance with specific instructions relating to individual job sites;
" Administrative tasks, including the preparation and maintenance of print control logs, priority reports, accomplishment reports, and a Quality Control Plan; and
" Customer service to include the retrieval of lost/missing reports from the VA's benefits applications programs as well as communication with customers and clients by way of e-mail and telephone.
The support services will be required to cover 24 hours, 6 work days (Monday -
Saturday) a week during normal and peak printing season time frame (peak season runs November through March annually). Contractor will work in close coordination with the
PEO staff to ensure that schedules are synchronized and work is prioritized, with the most important tasks completed first. Contractor personnel must be responsive to change, proactive, and must ensure maximum continuity in mission operations. To the maximum extent practicable, the contractor will need to leverage and incorporate existing Hines ITC systems and assets to promote cost efficiency, schedule responsiveness, and optimal return on previous
Information Requested and Specific Questions to be Addressed:
1. Please describe your company's capability and interest in providing the services specified above at the Hine ITC. Responses to this question should be limited to four (4) pages or less. Include in your response a description of relevant examples, similar in scope and complexity of past work your company has performed.
2. Please describe your company's socio-economic status (small business/ Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned/ Veteran -Owned/etc.) and identify GSA schedules (if any) you may hold that could be used for the purchase of the above services.
3. Given the various tasks and scope of the requirement, what NAICS code is most appropriate to this requirement In your response please provide supporting details.
4. The Government is considering the inclusion of FAR Clause 52.222-17,
The Government believes this would serve its interest in economy and efficiency, would ensure an experienced and trained workforce familiar with Hines ITC's personnel, facilities, and requirements, and would reduce disruption to the delivery of services during the period of transition between the predecessor and successor contracts.
Please indicate your company's willingness to comply with on-boarding of existing contractor employees as a result of winning a future contract for these services.
VA may utilize the responses to this
Submissions: All submissions must be submitted electronically, via email, to
Submit responses as attachments in Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf). Please limit all responses to 12 point font minimum, single spaced 8 '' x 11 page size. Responses shall be submitted on or before
Questions: Any questions should be directed to
Note: VA will utilize the information in this
52.215-3 Request for Information or Solicitation for Planning Purposes (
(a) The Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this solicitation or to otherwise pay for the information solicited except as an allowable cost under other contracts as provided in subsection 31.205-18, Bid and proposal costs, of the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
(b) Although "proposal" and "offeror" are used in this Request for Information, your response will be treated as information only. It shall not be used as a proposal.
(c) This solicitation is issued for the purpose of:
(End of provision)
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports