Next week's polar vortex will bring cooler temperatures during what is usually the hottest week of the year.
This is the same polar vortex that made everyone miserable last winter, but this time misery will turn into relief. Chicago will see Autumn-like temperatures of 72 degrees, while New York, Boston, and Washington, D.C., will see temperatures in the high-70s to the low-80s. The drop will not be as dramatic as the Midwest, but with average highs on the East Coast ranging from the high-80s to the mid-90s, it will come as a welcomed change for many.
The polar vortex is expected to hit around July 16.
Original headline: The polar vortex is returning to relieve summer heat
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Israeli Criticism of Kerry Annoys White House
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Hobby Lobby Ruling Exempts Satanic Temple From Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs