Next week's polar vortex will bring cooler temperatures during what is usually the hottest week of the year.
This is the same polar vortex that made everyone miserable last winter, but this time misery will turn into relief. Chicago will see Autumn-like temperatures of 72 degrees, while New York, Boston, and Washington, D.C., will see temperatures in the high-70s to the low-80s. The drop will not be as dramatic as the Midwest, but with average highs on the East Coast ranging from the high-80s to the mid-90s, it will come as a welcomed change for many.
The polar vortex is expected to hit around July 16.
Original headline: The polar vortex is returning to relieve summer heat
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile