Parliamentarians yesterday called for an overhaul of operations at the
The calls followed the presentation of a report by the Public Accounts Committee chaired by Mufakose representative Ms Paurina Mpariwa on NSSA's 2011 and 2012 accounts.
In the report, the committee noted the authority had lost up to
Contributing to the debate, Mberengwa South representative Cde Makhosini Hlongwane said what NSSA was doing was unacceptable.
Hurungwe North representative Cde Reuben Marumahoko called for a complete overhaul of NSSA operations. He said plans by NSSA to establish an infrastructure bank to cater for low cost houses could also end in failure like previous investments in financial institutions if not properly monitored.
Chegutu West representative
Presenting the report Ms Mpariwa said the audit revealed a number of weaknesses in NSSA.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays