Parliamentarians yesterday called for an overhaul of operations at the
The calls followed the presentation of a report by the Public Accounts Committee chaired by Mufakose representative Ms Paurina Mpariwa on NSSA's 2011 and 2012 accounts.
In the report, the committee noted the authority had lost up to
Contributing to the debate, Mberengwa South representative Cde Makhosini Hlongwane said what NSSA was doing was unacceptable.
Hurungwe North representative Cde Reuben Marumahoko called for a complete overhaul of NSSA operations. He said plans by NSSA to establish an infrastructure bank to cater for low cost houses could also end in failure like previous investments in financial institutions if not properly monitored.
Chegutu West representative
Presenting the report Ms Mpariwa said the audit revealed a number of weaknesses in NSSA.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE