Parliamentarians yesterday called for an overhaul of operations at the
The calls followed the presentation of a report by the Public Accounts Committee chaired by Mufakose representative Ms Paurina Mpariwa on NSSA's 2011 and 2012 accounts.
In the report, the committee noted the authority had lost up to
Contributing to the debate, Mberengwa South representative Cde Makhosini Hlongwane said what NSSA was doing was unacceptable.
Hurungwe North representative Cde Reuben Marumahoko called for a complete overhaul of NSSA operations. He said plans by NSSA to establish an infrastructure bank to cater for low cost houses could also end in failure like previous investments in financial institutions if not properly monitored.
Chegutu West representative
Presenting the report Ms Mpariwa said the audit revealed a number of weaknesses in NSSA.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go