The website was created in response to public feedback and provides answers to the most commonly asked financial questions the agency receives, such as: Where does the money for transportation come from? How is the money spent? What are MnDOT's goals? What progress are you making toward these goals? and How are projects selected?
"Minnesotans have a right to know how their tax dollars are being invested and to be confident that MnDOT is spending public money effectively on transportation," said
The user-friendly site uses videos and other tools to answer commonly asked questions and highlight some of MnDOT's most innovative projects. The site also includes a "Transportation in the News" section with links to numerous news stories about MnDOT's work, along with a sampling of related articles that focus on infrastructure improvement needs of other states.
To tour the "Get Connected" website, visit www.mndot.gov/getconnected.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?