Jaitley has increased the estimate for the amount that the government expects to mobilize via sale of shares in public sector companies to `43,425 crore which is `7,500 crore higher than the estimate of `36,925 crore that
However, in 2013-14 the UPA government had managed to raise only `16,027 crore through this route as the markets did not have the appetite to absorb such a large number of shares. Another `15,000 crore under the disinvestment head is expected to come from the sale of government shares held in private companies.
This is the same as Chidambaram's figure in the interim budget presented in February.
In 2013-14 the government had raised `3,000 crore under this head.
While a 5 per cent stake sale in SAIL is on the cards, the disinvestment department is also looking at 10 per cent stake sale in
Also a Cabinet note has been floated for a 5 per cent stake sale in
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Petit Retires 46 Batters in a Row, MLB Record
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers