Jaitley has increased the estimate for the amount that the government expects to mobilize via sale of shares in public sector companies to `43,425 crore which is `7,500 crore higher than the estimate of `36,925 crore that
However, in 2013-14 the UPA government had managed to raise only `16,027 crore through this route as the markets did not have the appetite to absorb such a large number of shares. Another `15,000 crore under the disinvestment head is expected to come from the sale of government shares held in private companies.
This is the same as Chidambaram's figure in the interim budget presented in February.
In 2013-14 the government had raised `3,000 crore under this head.
While a 5 per cent stake sale in SAIL is on the cards, the disinvestment department is also looking at 10 per cent stake sale in
Also a Cabinet note has been floated for a 5 per cent stake sale in
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton