Jaitley has increased the estimate for the amount that the government expects to mobilize via sale of shares in public sector companies to `43,425 crore which is `7,500 crore higher than the estimate of `36,925 crore that
However, in 2013-14 the UPA government had managed to raise only `16,027 crore through this route as the markets did not have the appetite to absorb such a large number of shares. Another `15,000 crore under the disinvestment head is expected to come from the sale of government shares held in private companies.
This is the same as Chidambaram's figure in the interim budget presented in February.
In 2013-14 the government had raised `3,000 crore under this head.
While a 5 per cent stake sale in SAIL is on the cards, the disinvestment department is also looking at 10 per cent stake sale in
Also a Cabinet note has been floated for a 5 per cent stake sale in
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv