The move drove
Gold rose to its highest since March on Thursday as European shares fell after weak economic data and the dollar remained flat following minutes of the Federal Reserve's June meeting, which gave no sign about the timing of any interest rate rise.
The market gained support from
Spot gold rose 1.3 per cent to its highest in 3-1/2 months to
US gold futures for August delivery gained 1.3 per cent to
Gold extended earlier gains after European shares drifted lower on weak economic data from
The dollar was trading close to a one-week low against a basket of currencies.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy