July 11--PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Keith Stokes, the former director of the agency that issued the $75-million loan guarantee to 38 Studios, has withdrawn his lawsuit against two of the state agency's former lawyers, lawyers said in Superior Court Friday.
Stokes and another former state agency employee, J. Michael Saul, filed a lawsuit last week claiming that lawyers failed to advise them properly as the agency crafted the loan deal.
Those lawyers and their firms, who were defendants in the lawsuit, are Antonio Afonso, Jr., of Moses Afonso Ryan LTD., and Robert I. Stolzman of Adler Pollock & Sheehan P.C.
With Stokes' withdrawal, only Saul is now suing those attorneys and their firms.
"I stand alone," Saul's attorney, Bruce Gladstone, told Superior Court Judge Michael A. Silverstein.
Stokes' attorney was not in court Friday.
(c)2014 The Providence Journal (Providence, R.I.)
Visit The Providence Journal (Providence, R.I.) at www.projo.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services