Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch are reportedly being considered for the starring roles in the upcoming second season of HBO's True Detective.
The Wrap reports HBO was looking to cast someone who could play "rugged and gritty, and they've done just that with Farrell."
The first season of True Detective featured Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson as "two detectives entangled in a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana." Both actors received Emmy nominations for their roles in the 8-episode series.
The second season of True Detective will allegedly center on four main characters, according to The Daily Beast.
Brad Pitt, Jessica Chastain and Christian Bale were all rumored to have been eyed for the show's second season. When asked about the new reports, an HBO spokesperson said "there is no news to confirm on the casting."
Original headline: 'True Detective' team eyeing Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch for second season
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor