The Agricultural Act of 2014 made sweeping reforms to the commodity title repealing several programs and providing producers with an option between Price Loss Coverage (PLC) and Agriculture Risk Coverage (ARC). Neither option triggers unless the producer suffers a significant loss. The farm bill also improved crop insurance, which now serves as the core risk management tool for producers when disaster strikes.
Members of the Subcommittee questioned USDA Under Secretary
"I am very pleased with the hearing today. Under Secretary Scuse was able to provide a critical update regarding the implementation of Title I and XI. It is vital that every valuable piece of information is disseminated to our farmers in a timely manner so that they are able to make the most educated decision regarding their respective crop insurance program. I look forward to working closely with the
Written testimony provided by the witnesses is linked below. To view the archived webcast click here: http://agriculture.house.gov/hearing/implementing-agricultural-act-2014-commodity-policy-and-crop-insurance-0.
TNS 30FurigayJane-140710-4794661 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models