ACTIV-EDGE, a Nigerian technology firm, has entered into a partnership with SAP Africa to provide mobile payment services to local clients.
The deal will culminate in ActivEdge Technologies offering key SAP solution such as SAP Mobile Banking, SAP Mobile Inclusive Banking, SAP Mobile Consumer Payments, SAP Mobile Remittance, SAP Mobile TopUp and SAP Mobile Payments.
"SAP intends to become the platform of choice in mobile commerce banking and a trusted advisor to the banking industry in
"This partnership will allow ActivEdge to build its own intellectual property in rapid response to market demands and thereby help SAP grow its market share in the region," Edet said.
He said the partnership would also enable banks to grow their market share, provide flexible and convenient services to the growing mobile customer base and the unbanked population.
Agu added that prevailing trends in the local banking sector show that many banks were still looking at mobile commerce simply from transactional viewpoint.
He said that most banks run the risk of missing the enormous mobile commerce opportunity unless they change the way they conduct business.
"Transactional interaction alone is not adequate to inspire consumers.
Customers want end-to-end mobile experiences that enhance their daily rituals, from shopping to banking," he said.
He added that his company was glad to be working with SAP solution to solve the challenges of local markets.
Innovative mobile solution provider, SAP Africa is hoping to extend it expertise to the
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July