The government would make the payment within two weeks.
The FRA is currently only scouting areas where the maize moisture content has fallen to 12.5 percent.
The government has already entered talks with UN aid agencies to sell some of the country's 597,000 metric tonnes of maize stock untouched from 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs