News Column

WestSide Corporation Limited (ASX:WCL) Reluctantly Recommends Shareholders Accept the Landbridge Offer

July 10, 2014

Brisbane, Australia, July 11, 2014 - (ABN Newswire) - As you may be aware, the Offer by Landbridge Energy Australia Pty Ltd (Landbridge) to acquire all of the shares in WestSide Corporation Ltd (ASX:WCL) (OTCMKTS:WBRIF) has been declared unconditional and Landbridge has announced that the Offer price of $0.40 per WestSide Share is final (except if there is a competing offer for WestSide Shares) and will now close at 7pm (Brisbane time) on 22 July 2014 (unless further extended). According to Landbridge's announcement on 11 July 2014, it now has a relevant interest in 49% of WestSide's Shares. Landbridge's increased holding follows WestSide's announcement on 4 July that it understood that New Hope Corporation Limited, which was until last week one of WestSide's largest shareholders, had sold the majority of its shareholding and intends to sell the remainder of its shareholding in WestSide, if it has not already done so, enabling Landbridge to exert significant influence over WestSide in the future. WestSide's Directors have consistently recommended that Shareholders take no action in relation to Landbridge's Offer because, amongst other things, it fails to adequately recognise the full value for Shareholders from the new gas sale agreement with GLNG and other assets owned by WestSide. We have worked hard to solicit alternative interest in the Company, but despite discussions with a number of parties no alternative proposal has been forthcoming. Landbridge's effective control of WestSide means that it will be in a position to substantially determine the composition of the WestSide Board and senior management and the strategic direction of the Company, including the method and source of funding for the development of its assets. If Landbridge acquires a majority, but not all of the WestSide Shares, the number of WestSide Shares traded on the ASX in the future could be significantly reduced. WestSide Shares could become illiquid and infrequently traded and, as such, the ASX market price may no longer be a reliable indicator of value. Having regard to all of these matters, WestSide's Directors have accordingly, and reluctantly, unanimously determined to recommend to remaining Shareholders that they accept Landbridge's Offer (subject to no higher offer being received). Those Shareholders who choose not to accept Landbridge's Offer may enjoy future benefits if WestSide's current plans can be realised, but there are risks to this occurring which Shareholders need to consider in making their decision. A more detailed discussion of the reasons for the Directors' revised recommendation is contained in WestSide's Third Supplementary Target's Statement dated 4 July 2014, which is available on the WestSide website

We have all worked very hard to reposition WestSide for success, so it is disappointing for all of us to see effective control of the Company pass at this price before any of the benefits from that success can be reaped. On behalf of the Board and Management, I would like to thank all WestSide staff and contractors who have worked tirelessly over the last several years, and in particular over the last nine months, to extract value from our assets. Lastly, I want to thank you as a WestSide shareholder for your past support. Yours sincerely

Robert Neale

Chairman About WestSide Corporation Limited: WestSide Corporation Limited is an ASX-listed company (ASX:WCL) (OTCMKTS:WBRIF) with gas production, significant gas reserves and exploration interests in Queensland. WestSide operates the Meridian SeamGas gas fields west of Gladstone in Queensland’s Bowen Basin. The Meridian gas fields comprise a range of CSG assets including a petroleum lease, gas rights in mining leases and gas compression and pipeline infrastructure connected to Queensland’s commercial gas network. WestSide holds a 51% interest in the fields with Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd holding the remaining 49%. The Meridian joint venture has executed a binding 20-year gas sales agreement with the GLNG Project at Gladstone to supply up to 65 Terrajoules of gas a day from 2015 at prices based on an oil-linked formula from 2016. Elsewhere in the Bowen Basin, WestSide is currently operating an exploration and appraisal program at the ATP 769P (Paranui) and ATP 688P (Tilbrook and Mount Saint Martin) sites. WestSide holds a 25.5% interest in the tenements with Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd (24.5 %) and QGC (50%). Additional information is available on WestSide’s website: Contact:

WestSide Corporation Limited T: +61-7-3020-0900 F: +61-7-3020-0999 WWW:

For more stories on investments and markets, please see HispanicBusiness' Finance Channel

Source: ABN Newswire

Story Tools Facebook Linkedin Twitter RSS Feed Email Alerts & Newsletters