The Dow Jones industrial average fell 70 points, or 0.4 percent, to finish at 16,915 Thursday. The Standard & Poor's 500 index slipped eight points, or 0.4 percent, to 1,964. The Nasdaq was off 22 points, or 0.5 percent, at 4,396.
U.S. markets were hit by earlier stock losses in
Eight of the 10 industry groups in the S&P 500 fell.
The yield on the 10-year Treasury note edged lower to 2.54 percent from 2.55 percent late Wednesday. Yields fall when demand for bonds rises.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World