The Dow Jones industrial average fell 70 points, or 0.4 percent, to finish at 16,915 Thursday. The Standard & Poor's 500 index slipped eight points, or 0.4 percent, to 1,964. The Nasdaq was off 22 points, or 0.5 percent, at 4,396.
U.S. markets were hit by earlier stock losses in
Eight of the 10 industry groups in the S&P 500 fell.
The yield on the 10-year Treasury note edged lower to 2.54 percent from 2.55 percent late Wednesday. Yields fall when demand for bonds rises.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million