The Bank's governor,
Analysts now predict a rate rise at the end of this year or early next year.
But business leaders have urged the Bank not to raise rates until the country's economic recovery is firmly underway.
The Bank "must make it clear that interest rate rises will only be considered when economic circumstances justify such a move," said
"Higher interest rates may be required in the future, but such a move is totally unjustified at the present time."
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola