The Bank's governor,
Analysts now predict a rate rise at the end of this year or early next year.
But business leaders have urged the Bank not to raise rates until the country's economic recovery is firmly underway.
The Bank "must make it clear that interest rate rises will only be considered when economic circumstances justify such a move," said
"Higher interest rates may be required in the future, but such a move is totally unjustified at the present time."
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays