A common wireless communications framework will be developed by a group of semiconductor, computing and software companies for internet of things applications.
The target is to standardise communicating and managing IoT devices, regardless of form factor, operating system or service provider.
Fisher further added This requires common frameworks, based on truly open, industry standards.
The first OIC open source code will focus the specific needs of smart home like remotely controlling household systems.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100