The equities market had witnessed a rebound the previous day with a growth 0.24 per cent as investors continued to take position of the announcement of second quarter results.
However, the positive momentum was sustained yesterday with the ASI consolidating gains from the previous session. The NSE Oil and Gas Index led in terms of sectoral performance for yesterday, rising by 2.0 per cent., driven by
Similarly, the Industrial Index appreciated 0.8 per cent on the back of
Shareholders of the company yesterday voted to support the creation of
Apart from the oil and gas and industrial indices that appreciate, the NSE Consumer and Banking indices also went up by 0.6 per cent and 0.4 per cent in that order. It was only the NSE Insurance Index that declined by 0.3 per cent on account of profit-taking in
Meanwhile, 29 stocks appreciated as against 18 stocks that depreciated.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry