Meanwhile, the War Memorial of
A Japanese government source said, "It's regrettable that the
With the history issue that has long been simmering and
The Dong-a Ilbo newspaper carried a report blasting the hotel's reception plan in its Thursday edition. The hotel said it has been bombarded with calls of protests and threats. The hotel has been almost annually hosting the same reception in recent years.
The SDF commemorates its founding on
The embassy frequently uses the
The War Memorial, run by the South Korean government, decided to cancel a contract on leasing out an exhibition room with the event company planning to stage the "One Piece" show of character figures from the adventure cartoon series. The show itself did not have a plan for displaying anything resembling the flag, according to organizers.
The museum said that "it could invite unnecessary disturbances" given the many complaints it received against the planned exhibit.
South Korean media reports said the event company has objected to the decision to cancel the vent.
The memorial was set up to honor those who died in the Korean War and to educate people about the importance of defending the country. On its website, the memorial said confusion associated with the event is inappropriate for the hall of national defense.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs