Market expectations were high from the budget ahead of Jaitley's speech, and the benchmark Sensex was raised by nearly 75 points.
However, market predictions failed, as investors did not see any big announcements in Jaitley's speech.
Jaitley began presenting the budget proposals for fiscal 2014-15 with the permission of Lok Sabha Speaker
He began the presentation by saying that he was doing so with the full knowledge that the people of
He said that it would be the government's endeavour to take some bold intiatives and steps to alleviate some of the economic problems faced by the nation at this point of time. (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go