Market expectations were high from the budget ahead of Jaitley's speech, and the benchmark Sensex was raised by nearly 75 points.
However, market predictions failed, as investors did not see any big announcements in Jaitley's speech.
Jaitley began presenting the budget proposals for fiscal 2014-15 with the permission of Lok Sabha Speaker
He began the presentation by saying that he was doing so with the full knowledge that the people of
He said that it would be the government's endeavour to take some bold intiatives and steps to alleviate some of the economic problems faced by the nation at this point of time. (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- U.N. Endorses Rights of Indigenous Peoples