Market expectations were high from the budget ahead of Jaitley's speech, and the benchmark Sensex was raised by nearly 75 points.
However, market predictions failed, as investors did not see any big announcements in Jaitley's speech.
Jaitley began presenting the budget proposals for fiscal 2014-15 with the permission of Lok Sabha Speaker
He began the presentation by saying that he was doing so with the full knowledge that the people of
He said that it would be the government's endeavour to take some bold intiatives and steps to alleviate some of the economic problems faced by the nation at this point of time. (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare