A team of nearly 50 scientific investigators participated in a three-day retreat in
"Institutionally, we have a near-term goal to increase Howard's research expenditures to more than
Participants made significant progress on concept papers, proposals and initial responses to Requests for Application (RFAs) in several core areas: international development and human rights; entrepreneurship and innovation; cyber-security; nanotechnology; STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) workforce issues; and HIV/AIDS and health equity research focused on bridging disparities.
"The retreat was a great opportunity to collaborate with diverse colleagues and creatively advance our research priorities and institutional goals," said
Harris also unveiled a number of new initiatives and programs. These included expanding the University's annual research day activities to a full-week format in 2015 (
TNS 18DejucosGrace-140710-30FurigayJane-4792251 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry