The film, titled "Truth," will be adapted from the memoir "Truth And Duty: The Press, The President, And
The movie will chronicle the scandal that erupted after Rather's 2004 report for "60 Minutes II," produced by Mapes. The story cited documents as proof of preferential treatment for Bush during the Vietnam War that were not authenticated by CBS. Mapes was fired, and Rather departed the "
Rather, who has maintained the story was accurate, later filed a
"Truth" will be written and directed by
No studio is yet attached to distribute the film. Shooting is expected to begin in the fall.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers