The film, titled "Truth," will be adapted from the memoir "Truth And Duty: The Press, The President, And
The movie will chronicle the scandal that erupted after Rather's 2004 report for "60 Minutes II," produced by Mapes. The story cited documents as proof of preferential treatment for Bush during the Vietnam War that were not authenticated by CBS. Mapes was fired, and Rather departed the "
Rather, who has maintained the story was accurate, later filed a
"Truth" will be written and directed by
No studio is yet attached to distribute the film. Shooting is expected to begin in the fall.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years