The film, titled "Truth," will be adapted from the memoir "Truth And Duty: The Press, The President, And
The movie will chronicle the scandal that erupted after Rather's 2004 report for "60 Minutes II," produced by Mapes. The story cited documents as proof of preferential treatment for Bush during the Vietnam War that were not authenticated by CBS. Mapes was fired, and Rather departed the "
Rather, who has maintained the story was accurate, later filed a
"Truth" will be written and directed by
No studio is yet attached to distribute the film. Shooting is expected to begin in the fall.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza