Notice Type: Presolicitation Notice
Subject: D-- Combined/Synopsis Solicitation 2014 BM - MICROWAVE IP NETWORK
Classification Code: D - Information technology services, including telecommunications services
Solicitation Number: L14PS00757
Required equipment, services, tasks and responsibilities of the contractor shall consist of the following:1. Internet over microwave at ICP, 15 Mbps bi-directional (minimum): Contractor must provide internet service which will be sent to ICP via microwave transmission, encrypted with FIPS140-2 compliant AES 256k encryption at licensed frequency prevent interference and interception. VoIP phone lines, phones and fax lines will be included. Fax machines not included. Includes all necessary public and private IP addressing. Microwave internet connection will be backed up by 3 Mbps (minimum) satellite (or secondary microwave) IP connection. 2. BLM only Wi-Fi access at ICP: Contractor must provide Wi-Fi network to provide coverage of the ICP. Hidden and password protected SSID allows only BLM personnel to access the Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi network may or may not use MAC address control. MAC address control is not desirable due to the temporary nature of this network and event. 3. Three (3)
4. BLM only access Wi-Fi extended to center camp: Contractor shall extend the internet from ICP to the law enforcement substation near center camp. Wi-Fi speed and connection will be subject to the end user's device antenna gain. Signal should provide for approximately 450 meter range for cell phone Wi-Fi access.
5. Four (4)
6. Contract personnel must arrive on site at the location on
7. System must be built, deployed, tested and operational by
8. Contractor must have dedicated technical support on-site during the entire performance period. Contractor must have dedicated technical support personnel available to respond within 15 minutes in the event of network failure.
9. Contractor must provide a High Availability Network (5-9s or 99.999% per year / or 99.5% per 24 hours). System High Availability is required from
10. Contractor must provide network bandwidth which is dedicated and must not be shared with other clients. Minimum bandwidth requirement is 4.5 Mbps bidirectional.
11. Contractor must provide a microwave system which is fully licensed at all locations to prevent interference / interception. Contractor is responsible for any and all costs and/or fees for licensing.
12. Weather including wind, dust and rain are common at the location. The network must be capable of operation regardless of weather conditions.
13. Contractor must provide a full contingency / failover option at the location. Contingency / failover must be readily deployed in standby mode at all times during the performance period. Contingency / failover must be automatically deployed in the event of know primary system outage or failure.
14. Contractor must provide a minimum of twenty one (21) Voice over
15. Contractor must provide a minimum of five (5) fax over IP data circuits or lines which must be capable of operating simultaneously.
16. Contractor is encouraged to provide Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) IP Cameras for pilot testing at ICP and/or substation.
17. It is a requirement for this contractor to work collaboratively and cooperatively with additional contractors, vendors, federal, state, local agencies during the performance period both at the location and at off-site locations if necessary.
18. The contractor shall provide all system design and pre-event engineering. The contractor shall provide a detailed written plan and technical drawing and furnish it to the BLM Project Lead as soon as possible after contract award, but no later than
19. The contractor shall provide a temperature controlled environment for all indoor system electronics.
20. The contractor shall provide a relatively dust free / dust controlled environment for all indoor system electronics.
21. The contractor shall be responsible for lodging of contractor personnel on-site through the use of a contractor furnished RV or camper trailer. The government will provide space for parking and power, potable water and sewage service.
22. The contractor shall be responsible for food and beverages for contractor personnel from
23. The contractor shall provide any on-site transportation needed for contractor personnel and contractor equipment at the location during the performance period.
24. The contractor shall be responsible for all transportation of all contractor personnel and contractor equipment to and from the event.
25. The contractor shall be responsible for all power for remote repeater locations and/or any part of the network which is not at the ICP or in Black Rock City.
26. If the contractor chooses to use solar power at remote repeater locations, the system must be engineered to include an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) capable of maintaining the system at High Availability.
27. The contractor is encouraged to engineer the network to include an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) at the ICP and the substation.
28. The contractor shall be available to participate in pre-coordination meetings by telephone or video teleconference. OCCUPATION / OCCUPATION CODE(s): http://www.bls.gov/soc/ 15-1152
LOCATION: BLM 2014
Quotes should be submitted by email to email@example.com by
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention