Ahead of the announcement, the pound was trading mixed against the other major currencies. While the pound fell against the yen and the greenback, it recovered against the euro and the franc.
The pound was trading at 1.7111 against the greenback, 173.34 against the yen, 1.5259 against the franc and 0.7957 against the euro as of
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps