Portuguese conglomerate EspÍrito
The news renewed worries about the health of the European banking system and the region's sluggish economy.
The dollar rose to
Meanwhile, the Bank of
The dollar improved to
In economic news from the US, the
The report said initial jobless claims fell to 304,000, a decrease of 11,000 from the previous week's unrevised level of 315,000.
Yesterday, the Federal Reserve said it plans to completely unwind its asset purchase plan in October as long the US economy continues to pick up.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Homebuilder Confidence at Highest Since January
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- 'Turtles' Easily Tops 'Expendables 3' at Weekend Box Office
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- St. Francis Names Rodriguez as New Dean