Portuguese conglomerate EspÍrito
The news renewed worries about the health of the European banking system and the region's sluggish economy.
The dollar rose to
Meanwhile, the Bank of
The dollar improved to
In economic news from the US, the
The report said initial jobless claims fell to 304,000, a decrease of 11,000 from the previous week's unrevised level of 315,000.
Yesterday, the Federal Reserve said it plans to completely unwind its asset purchase plan in October as long the US economy continues to pick up.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips