The figure marks an increase from the 5,993 lots during the corresponding period last year.
In the process, the DME Oman also broke the barrier of one million contracts traded in the first half of 2014 for the first time since it launch, with over 1.13 million contracts (equivalent to 1.13 billion barrels of crude oil) traded on the exchange.
"With this continued and sustained growth over the last 12-18 months, the DME Oman contract has further consolidated its status as the
He expected DME volumes to continue growth.
"In reality, the DME is currently the only exchange capable of bridging the expanding crude oil corridor linking the
Most Popular Stories
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Trump Plaza Asks to Sell Assets
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- NFL Vetting Process: There Are No Sure Things
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy