A GOVERNMENT adviser charged with ensuring taxpayers get value for money from public investments is embroiled in an alleged taxavoidance scheme being pursued by
Odgers was a member of the Ingenious Media investment portfolio when he was appointed by ministers in 2010. He has since left the controversial scheme.
HMRC is pursuing all 1,300 members of the investment plan, past and present, for unpaid tax bills that could run to millions of pounds - demanding the cash up front even when cases are being taken to tribunal. The clawback has been heavily criticised, with City MP
A BIS spokesperson said last night: "
As deputy chief exec, Odgers is tasked with providing "high level strategic direction" to the Shareholder Executive.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed