Managing Director of NMRC, Sonnie Ayere, who led the company directors to meet with journalists yesterday at the end of a two day workshop in
Ayere said, the company has taken delivery of the first tranche of
He said the company has technically resumed work and that the result of the work being done now will be feasible in the next six months when it will officially carry out its first mortgage refinancing.
His words: "When President
"In the next six months, we will be working on providing the enabling environment for mortgage refinancing. We are putting so many things together and mortgage lenders can now begin to articulate steps towards creating mortgages for desirous Nigerians".
While expanding on Ayere's comment, a non-Executive Director of the Company and the President of the
Going forward, Ayere said the NMRC will work under the uniform underwriting standards to finance mortgages, stressing that underwriting standards are rules under which mortgages will be underwriting going forward.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?