The Chinese company's continued aggressive expansion and pricing strategies boosted business growth.
Global PC vendors have to deal with the continuous shrinking demand for more than two years because of sluggish economy and aggressions from mobile devices such as tablets and large-screen smartphones.
Worldwide PC shipments totaled 74.4 million units in the second quarter, a year-on-year decline of 1.7 percent, according to statistics released by IDC.
It was the smallest decline in global shipments since the second quarter of 2012, it added.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation