The Chinese company's continued aggressive expansion and pricing strategies boosted business growth.
Global PC vendors have to deal with the continuous shrinking demand for more than two years because of sluggish economy and aggressions from mobile devices such as tablets and large-screen smartphones.
Worldwide PC shipments totaled 74.4 million units in the second quarter, a year-on-year decline of 1.7 percent, according to statistics released by IDC.
It was the smallest decline in global shipments since the second quarter of 2012, it added.
Most Popular Stories
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana