Sakamoto, 62, who shared an Oscar for
He apologized for the inconvenience caused by the cancelations but said he needed to take time off from work to concentrate on treating his illness.
Sakamoto rose to fame as a member of the electronic pop band
Sakamoto also acted in and wrote the score for the 1983 film "Merry Christmas,
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million