Wearable devices are going to be the next big thing and
"We have announced a new ultra-small chip called
"Activity trackers are currently the most viable consumer electronics wearable device category, because they have a clear use case that cannot be matched by smartphones, in contrast to smartwatches,"
He said that end users have been happy to ditch their watches and use smartphones to tell the time, so extending smartphone functions to the watch is a weak use case and retrograde step.
According to research firm
"Wearable devices are on
"We will drive the market as we will have the best technology in this space," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life