Services and programs are increasingly being hosted at data centers in the Internet cloud, and companies are keen to mine and quickly analyze mountains of data available in the Internet age.
ut chip technology is hitting limits in regard to improving speed, size, power-efficiency and other features, according to
The company said the money will be used over the next five years to beef up research teams in areas including carbon nanoelectronics, silicon photonics, new memory technologies, and architectures for quantum and cognitive computing.
In the next ten years computing hardware systems will be fundamentally different as our scientists and engineers push the limits of semiconductor innovations to explore a post-silicon future," said
usinesses are entering a new era of computing that requires systems to process and analyze, in real-time, huge volumes of information known as Big Data,"
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting