Barratt has become the latest housebuilder to benefit from
The country's biggest housebuilder by volume predicted it would make a pretax profit of about pounds 390m in the year to 30 June, better than City forecasts.
It sold 14,838 homes during the year, 8.6% more than in the previous year. The average price climbed 13% to pounds 220,000, reflecting a shift towards building larger family homes as well as the strong housing market.
"The recovery has extended beyond
Clare welcomed the Bank of
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration