The squadron has a training centre for a submarine command team, which is intended to compile knowledge on submarine operations.
The centre is equipped with German-made submarine simulator, which provides the navy personnel with training on how to operate the sonar system.
The submarine simulator is linked to the anti-submarine simulator currently operated by the navy s Fleet Training Command.
The navy sent 18 navy officers to receive training in submarine technology in
The unit plans to send 30 navy personnel each year to be trained in countries to prepare them for the navy gets a fleet of submarines.
The office and equipment cost
The squadron underscores the
The navy commander in 2010, Kamthorn Phumhiran approved plans to set up the squadron with expectations of having a second-hand submarines from
In 2012, The navy chief Surasak Rounroengrom approved the guidelines for equipping the navy with training submarines which led to the navy studying submarines with the help of countries who had them for a long time.
The navy has not had submarines for 62 years, submarines are important as strategic and irreplaceable tool to make up for the geographical limitation in
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe