Renewed concerns about the financial situation in
News that the parent company of
Additionally, the futures saw further downside following the release of a report from the
The report said initial jobless claims fell to 304,000, a decrease of 11,000 from the previous week's unrevised level of 315,000.
The modest decrease came as a surprise to economists, who had expected claims to come in unchanged compared to the previous week.
While the data represents another upbeat sign for the labor market following last week's strong monthly jobs report, traders seem increasingly concerned about the prospect of higher interest rates.
Most Popular Stories
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy