Renewed concerns over the stability of European banks sent gold prices up Thursday.
News that one of
Gold for August delivery rose
"People move out of the markets they perceive could get hit the most," he said. "They park their cash in Treasurys or in gold until they get their bearings straight."
In March, gold prices hit a high point for the year on concerns over a territorial dispute between
Industrial metals ended higher Thursday. Copper for September delivery added
In other commodity trading, wheat dropped
Elsewhere, benchmark crude oil rose
In other energy futures trading on the
— Wholesale gasoline rose
— Natural gas fell
— Heating oil added
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks