The loonie dipped 0.10 of a cent to
The growth was a small sign of improvement for the world's second-largest economy, but still left concerns over the country's uneven recovery as imports remained muted in a sign of weak domestic demand.
"There's a bit of optimism with
Meanwhile, Statistics Canada says its new housing price index rose 0.1 per cent in May, following five months of gains and largely due to higher new home prices in the Prairie region. The
But the most anticipated economic data to come out this week will be the Canadian jobs report on Friday.
The Canadian currency continues to look for hints that the fundamentals supporting it, including oil prices, still remain strong.
But oil has been falling steadily for more than a week as geopolitical concerns surrounding the world's oil supply have eased. Fears over the supply from
Political strife has shut ports and disrupted production in
The August crude contract on the
August bullion was up
Follow @LindaNguyenTO on
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say