The company which supplies yarns, fabrics and fibres to the materials industry posted pretax profit of
The company said Texiplast, its most recent acquisition, performed well and in line with expectations. The business has been fully integrated and renamed Bonar Geosynthetics.
Additionally, in the leisure sector, higher volumes of artificial grass yarns also led to a significant increase in sales and good progress in targeted niches within the Industrial sector contributed to an 8% improvement.
Overall, group operating margin rose 40 basis points to 5.9% from 5.5% a year earlier.
Looking ahead, the company said it remains confident of meeting internal expectations for the full year.
On the back of its performance, the company increased its interim dividend to
Most Popular Stories
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities