Among the numerous legacies of the
Coca-Cola, for instance, leveraged its partnership with
GE, which is the exclusive provider of a wide range of innovative products and services to the Games, also provided a public health-related legacy by donating a mobile mammography van to the host region to help accelerate cancer detection and diagnosis.
Two GE advanced technology aeroderivative gas turbines, which provided both base load and peak load power during the Winter Games, will also benefit the host region in the coming years, while more than 1,300 of
Solutions from Dow, the
Products ranged from cables and piping to coatings and plastics, while Dow also engaged international experts and local companies to deliver energy efficient and low carbon technologies in
The efforts of technology partners
Official Timekeeper Omega, meanwhile, introduced innovations such as the Omega Measurement Unit on bobsleigh forerunners and the Whistle Detection System at ice hockey games.
Samsung's proprietary wireless communications platform, Wireless Olympic Works (WOW), which ensured every member of the Olympic Family was provided with real-time Games-time information during
Through their athlete sponsorship programmes, P&G and Visa also helped provide valuable marketing exposure and financial support to Olympic hopefuls in pursuit of their Olympic goals.
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140702-30FurigayJane-4784949 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Ford: New F-150 Is No Lightweight
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Durbin Drubs Walgreen for Possible Tax Dodge
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild