The event is free and open to the public. Western's international students from the Asia University America Program (AUAP) and the Intensive English Program (IEP) will be in attendance, allowing for an opportunity for cultural exchange with members of the community.
Students and attendees are encouraged to bring food dishes to share in the potluck.
"It is part of our goal at Western to help the international students understand and explore American culture by participating in special events and holidays," said
Western's Language and Culture Programs offer students and professionals from all over the world the opportunity to strengthen their use of the English language through an international education. Each program aims to welcome all international applicants, as well as create opportunities for Western's community to share in cultural awareness.
For more information on upcoming events or Western's Language and Culture Programs, please visit http://www.wwu.edu/ee, email ExtendedEd@wwu.edu, or call (360) 650-3308.
TNS 30TagarumaMar-140701-4784400 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say