KEEPING SCORE: Dow Jones industrial average futures are up 49 points at 16,789 a half hour before the start of regular trading.
Standard & Poor's 500 index futures are up five points to 1,958, while Nasdaq 100 futures are up 13 points at 3,854.
The S&P 500 posted a gain of 4.7 percent in the second quarter, helped by rising profits and big companies buying back more of their own shares. The index starts the new month two points shy of its record close, 1,962.87, set
STEADY: Thirty minutes after the market opens, the
RECALLS: Shares of
BONDS AND COMMODITIES: In the market for government bonds, the yield on the 10-year note edged up to 2.54 percent from 2.53 percent late Monday. Bond yields fall when prices rise. The price of crude oil gained
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant