As part of an art installation by artist JoÃo Onofre called "Box Sized DIE," death metal band Unfathomable Ruination will perform in an airtight, soundproof box until their oxygen supply runs out.
The performances take place later this week and in early August outside the Gherkin in
The sets by the band, who describe themselves as playing "an intense and brutal style" of death metal, will be inaudible to the audience.
"The box is soundproofed, determining and restricting the performance's duration to the length of time in which the oxygen is expended," according to a description about the special box. "Outside the cube, viewers observe its strange vibrations, only viewing the band's entrance and exit to the performance space."
Onofre has brought the soundproof steel box to other locations in
"Well since this is going pretty viral already, we shall see you this Wednesday at
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Petit Retires 46 Batters in a Row, MLB Record
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers
- Garcia Takes a Long Shot at McCarthy