In the first 15 minutes of trading, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose 112.91 points, or 0.74 percent, from Tuesday to 15,439.11. The broader
Major gainers included rubber products, marine transport and brokerage shares.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 index both closed at record highs on Tuesday in
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges