While record low volatility has had an impact on trading, in an unusual pattern for June, volume was higher than May, up nearly 2 percent. Year-to-date volume stood at 2,083,091,200, just off of the 2,112,336,178 contracts traded in the same period last year by 1.38 percent. This marks the fifth consecutive year first half trading volume has surpassed 2 billion contracts. Average daily volume for the month was down 15.26 percent with 15,302,781 contracts exchanged compared to last June's 18,059,013 contracts.
Equity options volume (options on individual stocks and ETPs) was 288,321,310 contracts, down 11.80 percent compared to the previous June when 326,896,154 contracts were exchanged. Average daily volume for equity options in June came in at 13,729,586 contracts, 16.00 percent less than last year's 16,344,808 contracts. Year-to-date equity options volume stood at 1,876,930,553 contracts, off 2.00 percent compared to the 1,915,146,374 contracts traded at the same point last year.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb11990833.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July