Regeneron climbed 7 percent after the French drugmaker
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 132 points, or 0.8 percent, to 16,960 as of
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 13 points, or 0.7 percent, to 1,973. The Nasdaq composite gained 50 points, or 1.2 percent, to 4,459.
Bond prices fell. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note rose to 2.56 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry