Using cellphones to make purchases at markets, restaurants and convenience stores is growing in popularity, particularly through SnapScan.
SnapScan can be downloaded from your smartphone's app store. You then link a card to your account and secure your card details using a unique PIN that must be entered each time a purchase is made.
SnapScan merchants have a SnapCode displayed at the till point. To pay, a consumer opens the app, scans the code with his smartphone, and enters the amount due.
Once the pay button is hit, the store will receive an SMS confirming payment.
It's a very fast and convenient process and not having to carry cash or a card makes it even more attractive. Merchants registered with SnapScan can be located by using the app's Merchant Finder function.
The Pebble plugs into the audio jack of compatible smart devices and uses the world's first touch-screen PIN entry method.
Pebble enables vendors who may be attending to a problem at a house or delivering takeaways to accept card payments.
Source: The Times via
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly