But atmospheric CO2 levels fluctuate with the seasons and in different regions of the Earth. The natural and human activities that cause the changes are complicated.
"This will allow us to understand what processes are controlling how much carbon is absorbed in a given time and place," said
The mission, designed to last two years, could provide data|that will help scientists making predictions about future carbon dioxide levels and their impact.
After the loss, engineers went back to the drawing board and built a near-identical twin that was set to launch before dawn today on a Delta 2 booster. - Sapa-AP
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers