But atmospheric CO2 levels fluctuate with the seasons and in different regions of the Earth. The natural and human activities that cause the changes are complicated.
"This will allow us to understand what processes are controlling how much carbon is absorbed in a given time and place," said
The mission, designed to last two years, could provide data|that will help scientists making predictions about future carbon dioxide levels and their impact.
After the loss, engineers went back to the drawing board and built a near-identical twin that was set to launch before dawn today on a Delta 2 booster. - Sapa-AP
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say